Friday 28 June 2013

What does a Hungry biker eat?

How about 2 world famous breakfast burritos, large choc shake, 2 pepsi, brownie and a coffee. Still can't decide what to do for dessert. For tonight, I will carry 6 litres of water, 2 big sandwiches, salt and vinegar chips, cherry tart and then breakfast will be 2 sausage and eggers with another cherry tart. Yummy!

I am in Kremmling eating and rehydrating at the "Big Shooter" restaurant. The family who owns it are big X-ctry skiers. The picture is of the ceiling - definitely a nordic theme. Who would guess - in the middle of Colorado.

BTW - some big climbs here, the next few are over 10000 feet with the highest at 12000. Definitely getting my climbing groove back. I will be worthy of my Wednesday night bike night nickname - "The Tiny Peruvian Hill Climber".
Had an amazing camp at Lynx pass last night. At 9500 feet, the stars were amazing and it was a beautiful night with cool temperatures and no mosquitoes.

I think Prentice pulled the plug last night. We had an emotional moment outside of Steamboat - a really nice young man from New York. An IT technician and part time bike messenger. I want him to come to Canmore and rip it up.

Ok that's it for now - places to be and hills to climb.

Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments:

Post a Comment