Tuesday 11 June 2013

Multiplying and Dividing

I had the opportunity to visit the Grade 3 classroom of a good friend of ours today at Elizabeth Rummel School in Canmore.  What a hoot and great grounding before embarking on this adventure.  Lesley Reid's class is fantastic - asking about the distances, where I will sleep, and just being interested in the bike.  Why is it called the Great Divide?  Answers Greg - if a rain drop falls on the western side of the Divide it flows to the Pacific Ocean.  If it falls on the Eastern side, it ends up in the Atlantic... so went the questions and fun.  I completely unpacked my bike and showed them everything. 

Eventually, I climbed into my Bivy Sac and the kids timed me from waking up to being fully packed to go.  A respectable 5 minutes. 




They will be checking in on me every morning to see if I have moved or not... no pressure.  Go Grade 3 ERS - Ms Reid's Class - you rock!







1 comment:

  1. Great start Greg! We'll all be living vicariously through you over the next few weeks!
    cheers, Norm

    ReplyDelete