Tuesday 25 June 2013

The Perfect River

After my last post, I rode by this perfect white water river and I could just hear our Peter down in the Canyon. This would be Kayak heaven! It's the Warm River in Idaho.

Made it to Flagg Ranch in the dark that night and then on Sunday it was 2 big passes (Towgatee and Union) - both of them are around 9700 feet. I bivied just below Union Pass at around 8000 feet and was joined by a North Bounder. Yesterday was a full on sufferfest to Pinedale against the wind. In the afternoon, the wind was at my back and I covered more ground and camped up high. It rained and got quite cold last night so I decided to push for Rawlins and a motel room to dry ut the gear. Just came through 280 km of desert today - crux of the ride as there are no services or water resupply spots.

Fantastic trip so far and thanks to Val and Ben and Zeke for taking care of the Canmore end. I am sure there will be plenty left to do when I get home.

Crazy throw back in time this morning at Atlantic City. Had b-fast at the Grubstake Bar and Saloon. Watched some Bonanza while I ate my Steak and Eggs. Couple of guys walk in and leave their rifles leaning at the door. Very interesting place.

Off to Colorado tomorrow and my mail drop at Steamboat Springs. Yahoo clean shorts.

Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments:

Post a Comment