Thursday 4 July 2013

Long on Spirit

A short post as I am making a run for Pie Town after covering 100kms from Pueblo Pintada this morning. Had a good bivy on the Rec Centre porch.
This was a recommendation from a Navajo woman we met last night. She said could see I was traveling with a strong spirit.

Had an emotional morning as I traveled down to Grants. Peter was totally with me and thoughts of our friends, Laura and Bill and Thomas, who lost Andrew last year. I have the amulet for good luck and to remember those families who have lost children.

I also carry a Smiling Buddha from a good friend. It is a great reminder to be positive.

On a funny note, I got stuck in the Grants 4th of July parade festivities. In these parts, I think I was mistaken for a real skinny clown on a hobo bike.

Pic of standard New Mexico road.

Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

3 comments:

  1. On the home stretch and upbeat; Goodluck Greg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checked the elevation chart remaining - looks like one giant grunt left to slay , hope there will be some relief from the heat up high. I pray that the two angels on your shoulders keep you strong and safe. Savour the trek, you are one tough fella! Helen..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and rooting for you ever pedal of the way! Go, Greg Go!!!!

    Mai and Grant

    ReplyDelete