Sunday 24 March 2013

Training and the New Bike

Stoked for the ride...  with lots of snow still on the ground here in Canmore, I am hoping we get some serious warming happening.  I have been doing lots of Cross Country Skiing as we wait for the snow to melt out and we can get on our bikes.  It was - 15 Celsius this morning at the Canmore Nordic Centre when I snapped this picture.  I have been getting out for 2-3 hour skis and then spending some quality time on the trainer in the garage.  Gorgeous day here today with forecasts of warmer temps coming... yahoo.

The mountain in the background is Rundle.  If you draw a straight line and go about 20kms - the start of the Great Divide Route is right there.



Oh yeah!  The new bike is a Salsa El Mariachi Ti - pretty sweet.  Light but strong enough to see me through this adventure.  I would like to keep it in our bedroom but that wouldn't go over very well - for so many reasons.  The roads were somewhat dry around Town this afternoon so I took it for a ride.  Kind of like a baptism - the fire part will be sure to come later.

Ben and I are off for some shenanigans in Italy on April 1st after he is finished at the XC Nationals.  Visiting the Ferrari Factory and Museum and also spending 7 days of Ski Touring in the Alps.  All part of the Tour Divide high altitude training program. 

No comments:

Post a Comment