Wednesday 7 June 2017

Bike Packed - time for some schoolin'

Hey there - the bike is all packed except for some small little items, like food for Friday and Saturday morning.  I rode into Banff and checked out what was happening at the TD Central (Banff YWCA).  It was pretty busy with folks assembling bikes and doing some test rides.  It seems that the biggest concern is for bears.  This is good - awareness is a start and I believe there will be an information session for those who want more info as well.

The real reason for the trip to Banff was to visit Ms. Reid's Awesome Grade 3 class!  What a treat, we had a lot of fun talking about how I will sleep, how much food I can eat and so much more.  They are doing a unit on "data analysis" and are they ever sharp.  They will track my daily distance, avg speed, avg moving speed and one enterprising soul wants to track how many litres of water I will drink.

The best was setting up the tent and them checking out the bike.  As I ride the divide and find myself lounging in my Nemo bivy tent, being the object of their data analysis will provide motivation to get up and get going.


No comments:

Post a Comment